Positive things feels better than negativity.
This is a simple statement of fact. Negativity simply put does not feel good. Positivity does.
Nobody wants to feel bad, angry, distressed, upset, depressed, or any of the myriad of negative feelings we can feel. Yet we practically bathe in negativity daily.
Why? Because we are utterly immersed in it. Social media is full of complaints, the news is often upsetting or depressing, and we tend to think about it, talk about it, and explore it thoroughly in the name of being “in the know”.
What IS positivity? Positivity is being aware of what we are thinking, and consequently feeling. When we are conscious of our thoughts and feelings we can work to better escape from the negativity surrounding us. Positivity is not letting the negativity bring us down, but seeking good to lift us up.
There are any many, many positive things to think about and focus on.
The following is a partial list. There are many, many more positive things out there, and at different times different things will work for you.
- Laughter. Laughing changes our frequency, and makes us feel good.
- Sunshine. Sunlight warms us, and can bring contentedness.
- Moonlight. The moon is like an incredible beacon in the night.
- Music. Words or not, music can impact and change our mood quickly.
- Meditation. Nothing like quieting the mind to reset your feelings.
- Driving. Sometimes traveling along the road at a decent clip provides a good escape.
- Exercise. Movement causes physiological change, which in turn can generate positivity.
- Writing. Getting matters out of your head can shift your perspective.
- Reading. Escape reality in fiction, or learn better ways to help yourself within it.
- Smiling. Just putting a smile on your face, even if you are not feeling it, can shift your attitude.
There are numerous options to generate positivity in our lives. Some are specific to only you, and there’s nothing wrong with that. No matter how negative you are feeling, there is always something positive for you to reach to. This list is incomplete, go ahead and make your own – and keep it someplace easily turned to.
Finding positivity is not hard, but it does require action.
Knowing that positivity feels better than negativity, and it’s a matter of being aware of how we feel, we can work to change the bad to good. When we become aware of our feelings, and we strive to find more positivity for ourselves, we not only feel better, but we empower ourselves. When we feel empowered, we often spread that feeling to others around us, and as such can build more positive feelings in the collective consciousness. We can use the positive feelings this generates to dissolve negative feelings. When we take away negative feelings, we open up space to let in positive feelings, and that is something we can be grateful for. Gratitude leads to happiness. Happiness is the ultimate positive attitude. Positive attitude begets positive energy, and that is always a good thing.
This is the one hundred eighty-second entry of my Positivity series. It is my hope these weekly messages might help spread positive energies for everyone. Feel free to share, re-blog and spread the positivity.
Please take a moment to subscribe to this blog (even if you’ve done so before – new service set up!), and receive your bonus content.