Sources to inspire Positivity can be found anywhere.
Some sources of inspiration are easier to come by than others. Yet knowing we have an endless pool of resources, we can be inspired and find Positivity in all sorts of unexpected places.
It’s important to keep in mind that inspiration doesn’t need to be a grandiose, earth-shattering something. We can be inspired by surprisingly mundane and uncomplicated things. Inspiration can be that simple spark that gets you to eat healthy, to go to the gym, to keep a journal, to make a shift for the better. Sometimes it’s the littlest, straightforward things that can lead to the grandest changes.
What are some examples of simple inspiration? The following list is by no means complete, but reveals a range of simple sources of inspiration to build positivity.
- Music. I think we often forget just how amazingly powerful music is. We can listen to a slow, melancholy tune and reflect on the past, or get pumped to take a run by a heavy beat. Music can be an incredible source of inspiration.
- Light. Sometimes a brightly lit room or a sunny sky can totally inspire your feelings. There is something about light that can inspire emotions like nothing else.
- Dark. There is something to be said for the void that is dark. When you take away one of your senses, you often heighten others. When we are in darkness we can see less, which in turn opens imagination in possibly unexpected and inspirational ways.
- Color. Color can change our mood, it can make us feel warm or cold, it can be a source of inspiration to awaken all sorts of desire for change.
- People. Just spending time with other people can open you up to inspiration. Maybe someone you know is doing something pretty amazing. Or maybe you have people to work with to learn new ideas.
- Meditation. When you manage to pause and still your mind, you open yourself to all sorts of possibilities. That’s one of the cool things about meditation – you open yourself up to communicate with Universal Energy, and since that is the source of everything, anything is possible.
- Reading. I think everyone I know has had a moment where they read something that opened up channels in their mind they were not expecting. They found an idea they had not considered, and that inspired something that may not have occurred to them otherwise.
These seven sources are extremely common, are generally encountered every single day, and frequently are just in the background of our lives. Yet they still have the power to inspire us to change, to try new things, to experience a fuller, more positive life.
You can never have too many sources for inspiration to create more positivity.
Finding positivity is not hard, but it does require action. Knowing that we have endless resources to source out inspiration, we can also see that we have numerous options to generate positivity. When we get inspired we learn, we grow, we change, we become energized and we empower ourselves. When we feel empowered, we often spread that feeling to others around us, and as such can build more positive feelings in the collective consciousness. We can use the positive feelings this generates to dissolve negative feelings. When we take away negative feelings, we open up space to let in positive feelings, and that is something we can be grateful for. Gratitude leads to happiness. Happiness is the ultimate positive attitude. Positive attitude begets positive energy, and that is always a good thing.
This is the one hundred seventy-seventh entry of my Positivity series. It is my hope these weekly messages might help spread positive energies for everyone. Feel free to share, re-blog and spread the positivity.
Please take a moment to subscribe to this blog, and receive your bonus content!