Restoring Positivity can be challenging.
Here in the United States, we have recently been inundated by messages of hatred, intolerance, bigotry and worse. Active hate groups are feeling empowered by certain elements of our government, and have been spewing their venom unabashedly.
Hard to feel positive in the face of this. And yet, Positivity is the key to overcoming the hate.
Here are five questions which will help us to restore our Positivity when we are feeling powerless, sad, angry, or otherwise negative.
Five questions to restore Positivity
- What am I grateful for? Gratitude is probably the single most powerful tool for creating Positivity. When we feel grateful for things in our lives, we will increase things to be grateful for.
- Who do I love/Who loves me? Love is a major part of Positivity for all of us. Love raises our frequency, and allows us to feel better in the face of things that do not feel good. While at times it may seem hard to believe, love is more powerful than hate.
- What is good in my life? Yes, this is a matter of gratitude, but from a different perspective. Rather than just being grateful for things we have, we are actively seeking the good in our lives.
- What can I do about the bad I see? This is a more loaded question, but seeking answers will often present solutions that will help us to feel positive in the face of negativity. There are always options available, and sometimes just asking ourselves what they are is the key to changing our feelings.
- How am I feeling? While this may seem like a no-brainer, it’s amazing how frequently our emotions simply run wild. We just go with what input we are receiving, but don’t question how that is actually making us feel. Negativity comes in many forms, and each can be handled with different things to be fixed. Altering anger may be different from altering frustration; changing hopelessness could be different from changing sadness, and so on. Knowing how we actually feel is important.
Restoring Positivity Restores Us
When we run low on cope, finding means to restore our Positivity actually restores us. Positivity allows us to feel better about life, the universe and everything. There will always be happenings that will make us feel negative, and that’s not a bad thing, per se. But holding onto negativity only draws in more negativity, so actively seeking Positivity is important to our wellbeing.
Finding positivity is not hard, but it does require action. Knowing that there are questions we can ask to restore our sense of Positivity, we can take steps to improve how we are feeling. When we take control of our emotions and work on removing negative feelings, we empower ourselves. When we feel empowered, we often spread that feeling to others around us, and as such can build more positive feelings in the collective consciousness. We can use the positive feelings this generates to dissolve negative feelings. When we take away negative feelings, we open up space to let in positive feelings, and that is something we can be grateful for. Gratitude leads to happiness. Happiness is the ultimate positive attitude. Positive attitude begets positive energy, and that is always a good thing.
This is the one hundred eighty-fifth entry of my Positivity series. It is my hope these weekly messages might help spread positive energies for everyone. Feel free to share, re-blog and spread the positivity.
Please take a moment to subscribe to this blog (even if you’ve done so before – new service set up!), and receive your bonus content.